The National Council of Architectural Registration Boards protects the public health, safety, and welfare by leading the regulation of the practice of architecture through the development and application of standards for licensure and credentialing of architects.
NCARB Vision Statement
NCARB is a diverse, high-performing team consisting of the Board, volunteers, and staff working in concert with our Member Boards to fulfill our mission. NCARB is universally recognized as the global leader of architectural regulation through its exemplary standards, credentialing requirements and reciprocal licensure processes, and consummate customer service. To that end:
- All Member Boards accept the NCARB Certificate for reciprocal registration and all architects actively seek certification.
- In partnership with Member Boards, NCARB hosts a central database of credentials for all emerging professionals and registered architects.
- All architectural collateral organizations contribute to and value an expanded Practice Analysis and use common terms to define the expected outcomes for architectural education, internship, examination, and continuing education.
- Internship is viewed as a valued part of the development of future architects by interns, supervisors, educators, and the profession; and all architecture students are enrolled in the Intern Development Program at the earliest point of eligibility.
- NCARB standards for continuing education are adopted and implemented by all Member Boards.
The National Council of Architectural Registration Boards believes in:
- Integrity – Honest, impartial, and well-reasoned action.
- Accountability – Consistent, equitable, and responsible performance.
- Transparency – Clear and accessible rules, policies, procedures, governance, and communication.
- Collaboration – Working together toward common goals.
- Leadership – Proactive, creative thinking, and decisive actions.
- Excellence – Professional, expert, courteous, respectful, and responsive service.